Friday, April 20, 2007

Leavin' On A Jet Plane

So, um, slight change of plan. Turns out I actually have a lot of love for a lot of cities. So much love, in fact, that I'm planning visit a whole 26 countries worth between April and August.

Or, to put it another way: Six weeks ago I woke up to another 80km commute, another day behind a desk writing another random document. Something felt strange. And I decided if that strange feeling was life calling, I wasn't letting it go through to voicemail.

Call it a delayed quarter life crisis -I gave notice, ended my lease and booked a round the world plane ticket. Already I feel as though my horizons have broadened. I mean, I now know more about gore-tex jackets and travel packs than I thought was humanly possible and I haven't even left the country. At this rate, it can only get better. Or at least more entertaining. Ladies and Gentlemean, stow your tray tables and return your seat to the upright position. We're ready for takeoff.

1 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Not that I'm some kind of travel expert, but the one thing I do reckon is that the fewer places you see in a given time, the more rewarding a trip is. So give yourself as much flexibility as possible to stay a wee bit longer.

11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home