Sunday, May 13, 2007

Beantown Blues


First up, I want to assure the locals that New York (in their own words) "rocked my face!"and I look forward to spending more time exploring the city with the locals when I return.

I'm now in Boston, where it's fun to stay at the YWCA, mainly because they have really awesome laundry facilities. I spent most of yesterday wandering around a very rainy city, and quickly reached the tipping point where the thought of clean clothes was more enticing than seeing another museum. That said, the Harvard campus was astonishingly beautiful and I spent a charming if slightly soggy afternoon with the swan boats and making way for ducklings.* Headed out to an Irish Bar to watch the game and, inexplicably, drink Irish beer. Am now nursing a wicked bad hangover, which is not helped by the knowledge that I'm flying out to Dublin tonight, a town I hold personally responsibly for my current fragile state. Time to check out the JFK museum, just as soon as I find some berocca.


*"Make Way For Ducklings" = classic children's book

4 Comments:

Blogger Krissa said...

What on earth's a berocca?

2:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A berocca is a vitamin tablet that dissolves into water to make a fizzy drink. It's also a magic cure for the feeling you get after too many pints of Harp! - Dani

4:34 PM  
Blogger Saara said...

Ah sweet berocca, how I could use you this somewhat foggy (in the head, not the weather) Monday morning...

6:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

GO SOX!

1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home