Saturday, May 19, 2007

Thistle Do

Two and a bit weeks in and I'm already hopelessy out of date. All I can promise is that I will manage to transcribe my diaries when I get to London next week when I have better internet access and no distraction from drunk American college students wanting to discuss their preference for schnapps shots over tequila or the merits of the hostel's water pressure and shower temperature. Ah, welcome to the joys of backpacker living. (Don't worry, I haven't bought anything tie-dyed yet.)

I'm writing this from the Scottish Highlands, having spent a day looking at some of the most incredible landscapes I've ever laid eyes on, not to mention meeting Nessie and discovering that haggis is damn tasty. (Look - there's nothing in haggis you wouldn't find in a burger from that other fine Scottish restaurant Macdonalds and you all eat those, right?) Tomorrow promises more of the same in the glorious Scottish 'liquid sunshine' (rain.)

4 Comments:

Blogger Saara said...

Call us when you get in to Old London town, we can't wait to see you!

5:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Dani, sounds like you are having a great time so far. We do miss you here, well I do, and hope you have a wonderful 'rest of your trip'.

Looking forward to hearing more of your wonderful posts, I love reading them. It's almost like we're all experiencing the day with you.

Meanwhile Im neck deep in assignments for uni and exams around the corner!

Looking forward to reading about your next adventure.

Take care,
Chris.

2:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, but there aren't any Sox games in Scotland.

1:27 PM  
Blogger teahouse said...

Wow..sounds like you're having a good time! Say hello to Nessie for us!

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home